Searching...
Friday, February 24, 2006

fair-isling myself into oblivion

thought i'd give you a little taste of my most recent detour/knitting discoure. fair isle has been tempting me for some time, which is interesting, because i used to generally dislike (the look of) it. i've noticed that over time, my knitting tastes change, and this is a great example.

this is the start of a pair of komi (russian) mittens from mostly mittens by charlene schurch. a great book with a whole host of intricate patterns. i love the history aspect of fair-isle and stranded knitting. really, just can't get enough. its addicting.

Komi Progress 1
click image to see more detail


here's a taste of whats to come. i'm using knitpicks pallette in bark and yellow. keep your eyes out for more progress shots of these babies.

(sidenote: i love knitting at a guage of 10 stitches to the inch! this fine guage combined with stranding makes the densest, warmest, most intricate (and, to me, meaningful) material that has the detail-oriented-perfectionist in me going crazy with dorky glee!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!