Searching...
Saturday, February 24, 2007

Unlucky clover

Soooooo.... I started the clover pattern shawl, as previously noted; I finished 11 loooong rows, and started on a 12th; and then my darling daughter, who had decided it was extremely important that she have more Doritos right now*, yanked on my needle and caused me to drop and mangle about 20 stitches.

Well, I have not the skills to repair the mess that this created. Amidst the storm of bitter tears which ensued (all mine), I ripped out the whole thing and wound it back onto the ball. The three cornered shawl in clover pattern will have to wait until I gather up my courage to tackle that monstrous cast-on once again. When I do, you can bet that I will use a different cast-on method- perhaps the knitted cast-on, or the similar, but differently worked, crochet cast-on (both to be found in Montse Stanley's Knitter's Handbook).

* In her defense, she is only 3 years old and has severe social and speech delays, so I couldn't really get mad at her. I even got her Doritos... though I can't say I wasn't sobbing bitterly at the same time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!