Searching...
Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another newbie here ;)

Hi my I am so pleased that I have been accepted to join this KAL and love the VLT book . I have had it a while but just couldn't make up my mind which to start with. I decided in the end to do Melon and have done two of the repeats. I do have a query though & I don't know if I am misunderstanding the pattern but on the 1 3 & 5 row the first stitch says 'slip st purlwise, with yarn at WS and then on the 2 4 6 its the same. Is this right or do I knit it on the ? as if I do that the first stitch on the RS doesn't get knitted at all.Should I knit it on the right side ? Hope this makes sense .
Other wise the pattern is plain sailing and I am making it in a heavier cashmere/silk weight than the KSH but on the same needle size and in an ice blue shade . Will take photos when I have done a few more repeats but I am busy trying to finish a pair of socks before the weekend and then I can give Melon the attention it deserves. Looking forward to seeing how every one's shawl turn out

Anne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!