Searching...
Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hello Bonnet

Backed dangerously between multiple deadlines, some of which are knitting related, stress has begun to play its tricky little games on my well being. The moment I felt knitting becoming an obligatory task this week, and no longer my stress-free haven, I knew something had to be done.

Heedless of the limited number of hours remaining in the weekend, I dropped the complicated sweater project, brewed some coffee and scoured the stash in hopes of getting a yarn hit that would ease my mind. Turning to an old standby I grabbed two skeins of sock yarn, printed a certain free pattern (that I've had on the brain for a few weeks) and zoned out for a couple of hours in simpleton-knitter's bliss.

Hello Bonnet

Project: Hello Bonnet
Pattern: Top-Down Bonnet by Adrian() at HelloYarn in the "Baby" size (16") (Also available in Newborn, Child and Adult)
Materials: Sundara Sock in Shade 012 and "Chimney", double stranded. Less than 1/2 skein of each. See a photo of both here
Needles: US 4/3.5mm aluminum Double Pointed Needles
Start and Finish: 10 February 2007

Modifications: None really, other than omitting the ears (although I was tempted) and the crocheted Totoro face.


Hello Tassels

Do you recognize the yarn? I used some of my leftover yarn from the Chimney Socks. In a sad attempt to look like handspun, I held together one strand of solid and one strand of hand-dyed. It looks nothing like the beautiful handspun creations over at Hello, but I'm pretty happy with the result.

Hello Bonnet
With no baby present to model, stuffing the bonnet with my down comforter seemed to work

This is a wonderful little project and a smart pattern. I loved it, and not coincidentally because it is so Zimmermann-esque. Adrian knows where it's at. Worked top-down, it's basically like working a larger version of a top-down toe. Do you have any leftover sock yarn? 'Cause this one comes highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!