Searching...
Saturday, February 10, 2007

New member with Melon-Stitch-Shawl

Hello everybody, I'm new to the group. Many thanks for inviting me.
Recently I started my first project from Victorian Lace Today:
The Melon-Stitch-Shawl.

When I held my own issue from Victorian Lace Today in my hands a few weeks ago this pattern was one of my favourites from the beginning. I didn't want to knit the border so I followed the advice from Jane Sowerby which she gives in the description of the big pictures on the double page 144/145 an added a few more garter stitches at both sides of the shawl.


To me this yarn with the wonderful light shades of pink, lilac and orange seemed to be made for the melon-stitch. It is "Venezia Color" from Lang in shade 162.
I look forward to spring and cool summer evenings when I'll wear this garment with a lot of joy, I think.


This is a closer shot on the pattern and if you like to have a look on my knitting blog and some more pictures you may click here. I look forward to your comments.
Keep on knitting! Greetings from Germany, Susanne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!