Searching...
Friday, February 9, 2007

Started... and completed... fichu

I kept meaning to post about this before I actually finished the harebell lace fichu, but I sometimes shun my computer for days at a time, so here I am with the fait accompli.

I guess it's not truly accompli yet, since I haven't blocked it. But here it is:

As with the curved shawl, I did have some struggles; the instructions aren't crystal clear as to joining the lace to the neckband. Also, when I transcribed the chart to print out and carry with me, I left out the last yarn-overs on rows 3, 9 and 15, so that led to a little head-scratching. But I did get through it, and I think it will look very nice once it's blocked. I'll be back with a photo once that takes place!

The yarn is Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk (color "Blueberry Heather"), which I really liked. It's got a nice sheen to it from the silk; it's easy to work with; the heathered colors are really nice; and it's pretty reasonably priced. Maybe a new favorite laceweight.

Also, I'm noticing a theme of matching the color of the project in the book. One of these days I'm going to have to break out of that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!