Searching...
Monday, February 12, 2007

Scarf with the striped border from Weldon's 1890

This is the 'easy lace' scarf on page 80.

Yarn is Cherry Tree Hills Laceweight Cascade silk in the colourway 'foxy lady'. I used 1.6 oz.

The colours are beautiful, no?





After careful washing and a couple of wears, the silk has developed a sort of fuzzy halo. Not sure I like that.

I have a silk chiffon scarf that is just exactly the right length and width for wrapping the way I like, so I altered the pattern to match. It's about 5 inches wide and 72 inches long.

The join between the borders and the centre of the scarf is interesting. Mine is a bit wonky - it seems to droop down to one side. The one pictured in the book on page 81 droops down to the right - it might just be the angle of the photo. More likely that I have made a mistake in the joining, but I can't for the life of me see it.

Anyway, I enjoyed my 'easy'. Now for some 'intermediate' action with the Myrtle leaf shawl in Misti Alpaca lace. Best wishes from the purler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!