Sunday, February 25, 2007

the demise of the three cornered shawl

Oh the pain. I just completely frogged the Three Cornered Shawl I've been working on for days. I had about 6" complete and discovered I had somehow ended up with two more repeats on one side than the other. There was no saving it, so I ripped it all out.

Good thing I did too as I discovered with the Handpainted Yarn lace weight I was using and the full 624 stitches, the shawl was 9.5' long...without blocking! It would have been enormous!! I have cast on again, this time omitting 7 repeats on each side for a total of 468 stitches. I think this will be a better size. And this time, I did away with that silly e-loop cast on...what a nightmare! I used a regular cable cast on instead and it seems fine.

I am also working on the Maltese shawl which is lovely in a coral color. My first venture into knitting with no rest row, so I can only work on it at certain times of the day!

I also finished the Shoulder Shawl in Cherry Leaf pattern...a complete joy to knit!

I'll have photos soon! Back to knitting!


Post a Comment

Back to top!