Searching...
Monday, October 9, 2006

Decisions.

I've been all over the place trying to get my latest EZ project in gear. The main problem is that there are too many things that I would enjoy making. And too many good yarns to couple with great patterns. My first plan of attack was to take down the Saddle Shoulder Aran Cardigan (heretofore called SSAC) from Wool Gathering 63. I bought the pattern and have been itching to start, but have been keeping my eyes out for the perfect wool to match. In the meantime, I brokedown and purchased this...

Opinionated Knitter

To call it a 'new obsession' would be quite an understatment. Its the newest addition to my EZ library, and I think I can safely say my favorite of hers so far (the photography in the book gets extra points. I'm sure if there were modern day photographs of the patterns in her other books, i'd be partial to them as well... partial being a completely relative term in this context) . Having spent the last two weeks with my nose between the pages has succeeded in filling my head with all sorts of ideas.

I have had this Rowanspun Chunky in the stash for months, waiting for the right time to strike.

Rowanspun Chunky (

I've known I wanted a cabled jacket out of the stuff (shawl collar or hood preferred), but haven't had the time to sit down and design everything. Well, there's a cabled jacket in The Opinionated Knitter that has me thinking about this again. On top of this, my color cards from Beaverslide finally came (this is what I was waiting on to get the Wool Gathering Sweater started)... and again, everything went to shit:

Beaverslide McTaggart Tweeds

there are way too many colors and wools that I want to use, and many a yarn thats perfect for the SSAC. Now, don't get me wrong. I have absolutely no problem working two wooly cabley cardigans at once. It actually seems an ideal situation. But then there are other things that I have to work on (for business or pleasure) that can't be ignored.

And there are things like this:

Badass Tomten
bad ass. truly.

that just make my life more complicated. I want one of these too. No, actually, I just want to look as cool as this kid does.

All the while, other cravings are being satiated.

Telemark 3

Is it possible for there to be too much of a good thing? Doubtful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!