Searching...
Monday, October 2, 2006

Swallowtail Shawl

Saturday the weather was too beautiful for city dwelling. We jumped in the car heading North from Boston with visions of red leaves as our guide . We ended up enjoying New Hampshire for the day and hiking in the White Mountains. Let me just say, you New Englanders know how to serve up a beautiful Fall! I had a great time (in Boston as well) and threw the Swallowtail in the bag, just in case a photo opportunity presented itself. In an afternoon-light-bathed forest, how could I resist?

Swallowtail 1

Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
Source: Interweave Knits Magazine; Fall 2006
Materials: Elann's Baby Silk (80% Baby Alpaca, 20% Silk) in 'Parchment' (just over 3 balls)
Needles: US 4 (mm) Addi Turbo Circulars
Total Cost: $10 (!)

Started: 11 August 2006
Completed: 25 August 2006 (dates approximate)

Swallowtail 5

This project, while still being in the 'simple lace' category to me, was much more exciting and enjoyable than the other Evelyn Clark patterns that I've knit. I like the combination of motifs... but really its all about lace bobbles. They're awesome! Nupps for life!

Swallowtail 4

There's not much more to say. I've seen a bunch of people make this great project, and if you like how looks... I say, make one too! Its definitely on the small side, but thats how it was intended. I would really enjoy doing the pattern again in say... a worsted? It'd be bigger, and the nupps would be even more voluminous...

Swallowtail 7 Swallowtail 2

I hate that its Monday already, but here's hoping everyone has a great week. Keep knitting.

Swallowtail 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!