Searching...
Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Knitting in PDX

I'm taking a breather here in Portland with my brother and his wife. I've had the luxury of spending most of the last day knitting, drinking coffee (Stumptown, we're not worthy), and playing with the dog. I can't complain.

I thought I'd do a quick post from the road: Progress resumes on the Swish Top-Down Raglan.

Swish Raglan

I also had a chance to shoot some photos of an old project that I completed last year (read: accosted my brother with the camera at the breakfast table). This was my bro's Christmas gift last year - I was happy to see that he continues to wear it often, especially in this brisk beautiful weather (wow Portland is gorgeous right now)

Shedir in Action 1
see the artsy version here

Its 'Shedir' from Knitty's Breast Cancer Awareness Mini-Issue. Knit with Rowan Calmer in 'Coffee Bean' on size US 3 16" circulars. I've always wanted to make another for myself, but I'm just too cheap for non-sale Rowan.

More to come from the road. A proper California update, and meeting with the wonder herself! Happy Halloween!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!