Searching...
Monday, May 21, 2007

There's Been Knitting

As knitters I think we're constantly in a state of transience between our sense of inspiration (impulse) and our sense of duty. We swing back and forth, sometimes violently, between casting on for the next project which is sure to be absolutely perfect... ahem.. and that ne'er empty basket (or closetfull?) of half-finished projects whose days of divine inspiration have long since passed.

Well, I've spent the last week or two at the bottom of the barrel with my Works-In-Progress and, while I may have nothing terribly substantial to show for it, at least I feel like I've chipped away a bit at that compressed mass of wool that I so often try to ignore.

Most importantly, The Swisher has gotten some play. I was expecting to get more done on this in the last few days, but I picked up some last minute photo gigs that kept me in the city late into almost every evening last week. I did get some work done on it this weekend however.

A Sleeve Grows in Brooklyn
A sleeve grows in Brooklyn.

The body is complete (the fit is spot on!) and I'm almost finished with sleeve #1. Since I'm working top-down I've been able to try it on as I go. This sure takes a lot of stress out of the process. Not only is checking fit a more fluid process, you can really nail your length measurements. A perfect sleeve length is one of those things that really makes one sweater stand out above the others for me.

And at long last, the February Baby Sweater saga is coming to a close. I've finished the knitting and now just need to retrieve necessarily charming buttons for this one. You'll get a full post with more photos and all the juicy details in the near future.

Needs Buttons and Blocking
Once again a down comforter works as an amazing stand in for baby.

I'm right on the brink of a wave of new projects that I'm itching to start. While I wait for new yarns to arrive in my mailbox, I'll continue answering the call of duty with these old favorites. If nothing else to minimize guilt in starting what can only be called the Great Garter Wave of 2007. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!