Searching...
Saturday, July 28, 2007
10:23 AM

Cobblestone

First, for all of you who have seen the Fall Interweave Preview and sent e-mails - thank you! The upcoming issue features one of my sweater designs that I'm really excited about. If you've yet to catch the preview, check it out here - there's a bunch of great sweaters, it looks like a really great issue (though you can't really go wrong with Fall knitting, in my opinion).

Cobblestone Pullover

Pattern: Cobblestone Pullover
Source: Interweave Knits Fall 2007
Yarn: Classic Elite Skye Tweed in 'Upland Green'

Cobblestone

I designed and knit most of this while I was in Dublin last winter. Despite finding n'ery a yarn shop there, it was a great place to be inspired - plenty of wool, texture and color all around to get the creative juices flowing. The Cobblestone was a bar we spent an evening in listening to traditional Irish music on the North side of town - I thought the name was fitting.

My goal with this piece was simple shapes that would feature a nice tweedy wool and a goodly amount of texture without overdoing it. It's worked seamlessly with a round yoke and garter strips up the sides (below the underarms). A nice cozy sweater that I'm really looking forward to having around this winter.

Cobblestone

Pictured is the medium size - my apologies for the wrinkles. I was forced to photograph this in a pinch, before wet blocking. You know how those deadlines are.

Thanks again for all your support - it is always very much appreciated. Happy knitting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!