Searching...
Monday, July 30, 2007

HEEEELP!

I've been meaning to post for a while about my finished Victorian Ruby, but a catastrophe has nudged me to cry for help.

When I was blocking my Alpine Lace last night, I discovered some holes. Not dropped stitches ... I'm quite happy rescuing those. Not a broken thread ... that's doable. But a plurality of broken threads. My best guess is that gentle squeezing did it in.

There are 5 or 6 holes, scattered throughout the shawl. Can anyone offer advice as to fixing/not fixing, method of fixing? Potential repairs are complicated by the fact that the yarn is gently shaded from blue to purple over hundreds of yards.

Then there's my finished Victorian Ruby, with Kid Silk Haze in a pewter-y color. It doesn't have any recalcitrant holes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!