Searching...
Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Quick Pop-In

Hey everybody! I'm just peeking my head around from a huge pile of boxes for a quick update. We've spent the last week moving from one Brooklyn walk-up to another, in the late August heat. Oy, what a week. I'm happy to report, though, that everything (including every last bit of wool) has made the journey safely - now there's just the matter of unpacking, which is actually the fun part.

Knitting has been almost non-existent for obvious reasons, but I did grab a skein of my handspun to cast on for a small project to keep around for sanity's sake.

Burning Bush Cake

This is 4 oz of pure merino from Amy over at Spunky Eclectic that I spun up to be a worsted weight 2-ply. I prepared the fibers so that it would be self-striping. I love how the colors go together.

I'm so weak

I've really had BSJ on the brain and when the finished yarn came off the wheel I knew these two were destined for each other. I'm hoping I can squeeze one full baby surprise out of this skein. We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, I'm enjoying every stitch. Limited couch space and all.

These Things Knit Themselves

In other BT-related news, a knit-a-long has been started up for the Hemlock Ring Blanket. I've been absolutely overwhelmed at the response to this project, I'm glad to see so many wool flowers blooming all over the world already. If you'd like to join the KAL, visit the start page here and sign up. If you've been thinking about starting one of your own, I'm sure this will give you just inspiration (temptation) you need.

Sorry to drop by for such a short time - I hope to be back to regularly scheduled programming very soon. Enjoy the long weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!