Searching...
Saturday, September 8, 2007
10:41 AM

Squeaking By

Isn't it a bit sad how dependent we are on the internet? I never really notice it until the precious life-blood of blogging is ripped away from me. I won't have any regular access to internet in the new BT headquarters until *next* Saturday, which I'm trying to pretend isn't seriously effecting my daily life.

I've been doing my best to keep up with everything, but I'll warn you now if you send e-mails or comments my way, there may be delays (even longer than usual!). I didn't want to go, however, with yet another week of silence here induced by the absence of any connection to the outside world - so I'm taking another quick opportunity to update you on what's goin' down.

That week-long cold snap at the end of August was such a treat. And such a tease. It was all I needed to get my Fall gears turning. Of course September so far has been relentlessly hot and humid and I'm feeling a bit of remorse for letting myself indulge in that early Autumnal preview. Either way, I started the first of hopefully several Fall Sweaters and I'm not ashamed of that.

Happy Happy WoolMachine

It's a seamless cardigan in one of my favorite tweeds (the same I used for this - it's definitely good enough for multiple sweater projects) that I'm designing as I go. It's a beautiful yarn, isn't it?

Skein #3

I've also been collecting sufficient stock for the spinning machine to keep a-whirrin' through the season. The most recent acquisition looks a bit like frosting to me, but maybe that's the sleep deprivation talking.

Looks Like Frosting

I don't think I've mentioned it earlier, but I am officially a full-time student again. I started a 2 year MFA program this past week. To say I'm overwhelmed is a bit of an understatement, but it's all very good. And I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that I'll be able to keep knitting as much as my sanity requires. Which is a lot.

The BSJ is done and just needs buttons. More to come on that in the near future.

Knit on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!