Searching...
Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fall Spinning

When the temperature finally dropped, the spinning bug came back with a vengeance. I've only had time here and there to spin a little in the evenings, but after a month or so, I've accrued a few beautiful additions to my stash. Maybe you could use a little visual fiber pick-me-up this morning? I know I could.

Cool Hand 2-Ply
"Cool Hand"; 2-Ply Falkland wool from FatCatKnits; 4 oz. spun from this

Lazy Daisy 2-Ply
"Lazy Daisy"; 2-Ply Superwash Merino from Pigeonroof Studios; 4 oz. spun from this

Espresso Batch 2
"Espresso"; 2-Ply Superwash Merino from HelloYarn; 10 oz. spun from this

The palette turns out to be rather fitting for this time of year, eh? I'm scheming a handspun scarf with the "Espresso" batch, since I have about 10 oz. The others will probably be gift hats, although I haven't made any decisions on holiday gifts this year. I'll probably employ my regular policy: knit as usual until December 20th. Assess finished objects and assign gifts if they are available. No guilt allowed. (This has proven much more effective than trying to stick to an unreasonable regimen of deadlines - effectively ruining the joy of knitting during the best time of year)

Fall Spinning

Enjoy the rest of your week. I've got some heathered merino on the wheel to keep me busy if I can find a free minute aside from schoolwork and knitting time. Keep your sweaters on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!