Searching...
Friday, November 30, 2007

Notes on November

Well I've been somewhat of a knitting schizophrenic lately, working on all sorts of little projects intermittently between my larger chunks of movie knitting, which have been religiously devoted to The Pi Shawl. It's good though because now I'll have at least a few small things to dole out from underneath my gigantic icelandic lace blanket come Christmas.

Ginormous

Concerning the Pi Shawl, there's not a whole lot to say other than that I'm still enamoured and that it has already reached gigantic proportions - certainly much too large for photographs (there's a lot of fabric not shown in the photo above). The most amazing news is that I'm only halfway through the yarn. Although the project couldn't be more perfect for my lifestyle right now, it isn't a superstar for blog material. Good thing for you I have a few other instant-gratification-types to share.

Compelled to Knit

Above we have the beginnings of an aviator hat with this handspun merino; Below a garter stitch scarf in one of my favorite handspuns yet. I swatched about 80 different stitch patterns in search for something perfect for this scarf and ended up *surprise surprise* with garter stitch. Such is my curse. I should just resign myself to the power of garter already and be done with this incessant wandering.

Espresso Knitting

And finally, Koolhaas III has made its way onto my needles. I've seen so many of you knitting the pattern in Malabrigo and I just had to try it myself. It's a thick squishy poof of cables and I'm loving it.

The Third

I'm not usually one for knitting a pattern twice (and especially not thrice) but the request for this came with such sincere sweetness that I couldn't resist. I'm also happy for opportunities to nip away at the cavernous yarn storage under the bed. Take it where you can get it.

I'm rather excited that it's December in spite of the fact that the last month seems a blur. Good thing we have knitting to remind ourselves that good things do happen each month. I hope you are all doing well. Next time: knitted Christmas ornaments and more handspun creations. Stay warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!