Searching...
Saturday, October 20, 2007

Oh what a beautiful day!

It's one of those rare occasions when I have the house all to myself. (No, I'm not knitting in my underwear, but I could if I wanted to!) The temp is in the mid 70's and all the windows are wide open. I have a pork roast in the crock pot, and a fresh apple caramel cake * in the oven. (I'll bring it to Knitch tomorrow.) There's a chill in the air at night, and I've pulled out the flannel sheets. It's one week 'til SAFF, and I finished my sweater last night. YAY!


The neck opening is a bit larger than I would have liked, but all in all, I like the way it fits. Now I have to find something else to work on. I have several UFO's lying around, but none of them are calling to me right now. I'm thinking I may knit an entrelac vest, or knit and felt a backpack. I've sort of been mulling some pattern ideas around in my head, but nothing on paper yet. Gotta start something soon so I'll have a project to work on at SAFF.

I joined the Alice Starmore group on Ravelry, and immediately zipped on over to Amazon and bought two of her books. (Fishermen's Sweaters, and The Celtic Collection; I think they're the only two that are still in print!) I REALLY want her Aran Knitting book. I've seen some of the sweaters that were knit from patterns in that book, and they are freakin' BEAUTIFUL!!!! I think I may be able to get my hands on a copy to borrow, and I'll just memorize all the things I want to knit for future reference. (yeah, right)

Well, the cake's out of the oven, and I have to go put the caramel glaze on it while it's still warm. Then I'm gonna go enjoy the few hours of quiet I have left, and catch up on some TV shows I missed this past week. (Anyone see Pushing Daisies last week on ABC? There was male knitting content!) For all those folks knitting at Knitch tomorrow, I'll see you there!

*The cake was good, but next time I think I will try 1/2 cup oil, and 1 cup applesauce to cut the fat content.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!