Searching...
Sunday, April 15, 2007

Melon is Finished!

I finished knitting my Melon Shawl. Off the needles it looked like this:



Then I pinned it out:





Although I enjoyed knitting this shawl, I did start to get a bored by the end of the center panel. There just wasn't enough going on with the pattern to keep me interested. I love the border though, and think that it provides the perfect counter-balance to the center panel's curvy, circular shapes. I would really recommend using a provisional cast on for the center panel and the border if you knit this shawl. I didn't read far enough ahead in the pattern to figure out that I should be doing that. It would have made it easier to attach the border and graft together the ends of the border as well.

I used Jaeger Spun Zephyr (the laceweight version) to make this shawl and I love it. It's seems to me to be a perfect lace knitting yarn. It's wool so it's flexible and soft and slippery on the needles, but it also has some silk blended in so that it has a fantastic sheen to it. I love it. The color is really sort of lavendar/violet rather than light blue. Anyway, I loved knitting this shawl and I will post pictures as soon as it is done blocking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!