Searching...
Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Started something new

Lace knitting really is addictive.
Just when I finished the first shawl I had to start the next one immediately. Now that I binded off the third one, I really wanted to start another one.

I chose "A Handsome Triangle" on page 30. And this one is for nobody else but me! The three scarves I knit during the last weeks were presents and so I wanted to knit another one for myself.

I had already four balls of the wool but I think that isn't enough so I wanted to make sure that I can get some more balls from the same dye lot before starting this new project.
On Saturday I met with my friend Melli and we visited the yarn store at Siegen. Lucky me, they had some balls from the same dye lot. So I bought three more balls - just to be sure that I won't run out of yarn.
I will add a ruffle to the scarf and so I will need a lot of yarn - many yards more than indicated in the pattern.

On Sunday I started knitting and the picture shows my progress after 28 rows. There's not much to see of the pattern, but you can imagine the beautiful colour. I use Rowan's Kidsilk Spray, colour no. 574.



Aren't the needles of my Boye needlemaster just perfect for this project?
By chance the 4mm needles are lilac too. But I think of changing to my bamboo needles again as I knit always very firm. But when using the lilac needles it is much firmer than usual and the stitches don't slide on the needle. So knitting would be a hard job.

By the way: this scarf needs my full concentration. There are yarnovers and "knit-togethers" in every row. So it's not a project for in-between but you always have to be aware that you follow the instructions correctly.

Karin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!