Searching...
Monday, March 26, 2007

So many Melons...

After finishing my variation of the Melon-Stitch-Shawl I had to wait some rainy days just to take this picture finally in the bright sunlight which makes the colours come out so summer and fruity.

Material:
7 balls of Venezia Color from Lang Yarns, shade 162, 50% mohair, 50% acrylic, 130m/50gr

Needles:
5mm circular (1m)

Finished dimensions:
approximately 2,30m long and 55cm wide

Variation:
I worked garter stitch edges (7 stitches on both sides and 12 rows at the beginning and the end of the shawl).
In wrong side rows I worked the melon stitch completely by purling - instead of k2tog I worked p2tog.

It was a quick and easy knit at least because I made an easy border. But I am very happy with this simple outcome. The colours are so dominating that - to my taste - another border would not fit better. Nevertheless the shawl is really an eyecatcher, isn't it?

If you like to see more pictures then you may have a look at this post or on my knitting-blog.
I look forward to your comments.

Happy knitting
Susanne from Germany

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!