Searching...
Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Cap Shawl, or, Cotton Candy Fluff


I finally started the second chart of the Cap Shaw this week. Since the pattern is no longer an endless stream of YoK2tog's, it is starting to get interesting again. I on row 101 out of 171, plus I have a huge amount of edge stitches to knit on, so I think I am about 1/4 of the way through.
I did have a bit of a scare with her tonight as I was switching over to a longer circular needle. while I had 1/2 the stitches on one needle and 1/2 on the other, I stretched her out to show my husband her size and lost 10 stitches off the needle. I had visions of when I was working on another shawl and my son pulled the needles out at a crucial point, resulting in a huge frog session, but when I examined the dropped stitches, I was in luck. It was a YoK2tog section, and I had only had one stitch ladder down on row, and it was easy to pick everything else up.
One last thing... While I was googling Victorian Lace Along tonight, I found the German knit along, and have been looking over their photos and FO's. I know a little German, but not enough to read all of their posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!