Searching...
Monday, January 29, 2007

Cherry Leaf Shoulder Shawl

I've been working on the Shoulder Shawl with Cherry Leaf pattern, using Elann's Baby Cashmere. A few rows into the edging I noticed that the edging was different than the one in the photos. What first caught my eye was the single eyelet of the pattern, versus the diagonal ladder of the photo. Then I noticed that the double yarn overs didn't correspond to anything at all in the photos, and what finally caught my eye was the single crochet edge all the way around the shawl. I'm quite glad the pattern, as it is, doesn't call for crochet, but if anyone can point me in the direction of the lace edging used in the shawl, that would save me trying to figure out how, exactly, to make that style of point on my next shawl.

I'm close enough to finishing and blocking I'll save a photo for then. I'm on my 5th ball, and am curious to see how big the shawl will block (and stay).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!